I am, after many years, selling my collection of Sprites/Midgets and parts. At this stage I am looking for a buyer who would take the whole collection. Alternately, if someone offered enough for either or both of the Midgets, I would throw in all of the parts. The cars and parts are located at Goolwa.
Here are the major items :-
· “Rubber nose” MG Midget, 1500 engine, left hand drive, complete, very straight, original and free of rust, motor and gearbox need to be re-installed.
· “Round arch” MG Midget, 1275 engine, left hand drive, straight, free of rust, no motor or gearbox.
· Bugeye body shell, accident damage in front, but straight from fire wall back.
· Fibreglass front, new, E-type style, suit all models.
· Fibreglass front, bugeye shape.
· MG Midget gearbox, very low mileage, gears in excellent condition, cracked casing.
· Several other gearboxes, Mark 1 to Midget, varying condition.
· Several half shafts, Mark 1 to Midget.
· Wire wheels, solid wheels.
· Set of 5 historic racing composite wheels, designed by ASP racing, suit Sprite, 13 X 8
· Shock absorbers, wishbones, hubs, disc brakes, prop shafts, steering columns, etc.
· Bonnet, centre cowl section, mud guards, boot lids, doors.
· New rear mudguard, LHS, MG Midget
· Racing 1275 motor, hill climb winner from the seventies.
· Straight cut racing gearbox.
Note that even without the Midgets and the Bugeye shell, all of the rest of the collection (wheels, gearboxes, panels and parts in boxes would fill a small pantech. The LHD cars come with all parts required to convert to RHD
If I am not able to find a buyer for the lot I will need to consider selling individual parts. I will let you know if that happens.
A ballpark figure for all the cars and parts would be around $14,000. Failing that I would consider offers around $6,000 for the Rubbernose, $3,000 for the Roundarch, $2,000 for the Bugeye shell (including fibreglass front), and $5,000 for all the parts.
Mobile : 0402 019595