Hello All Sprite Club members
It has been a while but slowly the Sprite Club will be returning to normal activities. The Committee has been working on a number of requirements and events behind the scenes as we come to grips and understand the new regulations we need to follow as part of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on our Club.
General Meetings – Monday 12th October
We will be returning to normal General Meetings at the Fullarton Park Community Centre on Monday 12th October at 8.00pm.
We have been working with the Fullarton Park Centre and SA Health to return to our usual meetings.
There are a number of COVID-19 requirements you need to be aware of. These include:
• Do not attend the Centre if you, or anyone in your group:
• Is experiencing cold and flu like symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, and/or shortness of breath
• Has a chronic medical condition and/or weakened immune system and has not sought advice from a health care professional prior to attending.
• Practice physical distancing where possible, stay 1.5m apart
• Wash hands or use sanitiser provided when entering and exiting the premises.
• Maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes).
• Avoid lingering in foyers and waiting areas and encourage members to arrive just prior to your starting time and to exit promptly after completion of your activity.
• There is no communal food or beverage service areas
• The Sprite Club will need to keep and retain contract tracing records in accordance with their COVID Safe Plan. You will be required to complete an attendance sheet containing details of the group, the date of the activity, and the names and phone numbers of each attendee.
• Hirers are responsible for cleaning and disinfection of touch-points (door handles, light switches, counters, table tops, and backs of chairs)
While this list has a number of specific requirements , these, our COVID Safe Plan and our COVID Marshals are an important part for us as a Sprite Club to maintain to have our General meetings. Your assistance with these requirements that allows the Sprite Club to return to normal activities is appreciated.
Sprite Club Display Day – 25th October
Thank you to those who have responded to our request for interest in this event for 2020.
Unfortunately we received a low number of replies by the due date, and in light of the investment for the hire of the venue and the COVID-19 requirements the Sprite Club would have to meet for this event, the Committee has decided to cancel the event for 2020.
This decision was not made lightly, and involved many discussions and emails between the Committee members, and I thank them for their input with these discussions.
While we as a Sprite Club believe would be able to meet the COVID-19 requirements, the COVID Safe Plan and the social distancing, the Committee felt that to apply this to the general public would require more resources than the Club would be able provide.
The general public’s interest in our Sprites, Midgets and Associate vehicles is an important part of the day, and the promotion of our special vehicles and the Club.
Members who attended the recent Bay to Birdwood rally stated that there were no spectators at the start on the event at West Beach to reduce any risk to attendees, as well as the general public.
The Sprite Club Committee acknowledged this reduced risk, so have decided to ensure that we “reduce the risk to members and the general public” for any Sprite Club planned events. This aligns with the current requirements and regulations that we have to abide by under the COVID-19 Safe Plan and directions implemented by SA Health. As these are changing at regular intervals the Sprite Club will monitor these and apply any changes to meet these requirements.
There are a number of other events and social drives that are in the planning stages and we will announce some of these at the next General meeting and as the details become finalised.
Thank you to all members for your support over the past few months and looking forward to catching at a general meeting or event soon.
Gordon Boyce – President and the Committee of the Sprite Club of SA